Split Testing and How it Influences Online Marketing
A tiny change in presentation or different phrase can mark the difference between a highly successful and popular ad and an ad that fails miserably.
Because these changes are so small, it is often difficult to examine which ad will work and which ad will not.
Split testing is a sales tactic that tests two different sales pages, keywords, PPC copy and other online sales tools using an equal number of impressions/views to see which one converts more effectively. The technique is one of the few approaches a marketer can take in testing out the success of various ads.
An effective split test would combine two very similar ads shown at equal rates with very small differences between the two ads. For example, one ad might label ?Money Back Guarantee? while the other one will not. Advertisers want to see which ad receives the most clicks.
The ad campaign will run for a few days. At the end of the campaign, the marketer studies the two ads and breaks down which one was more effective. The marketer selects the more effective ad and then makes another minor change to the ad. Another split test is conducted. This process continues several different times until an ideal ad is discovered.
Once you have completed this technique, the marketer will find the highest performing ad. Split testing is also used in newsletters and sales copy, or anything else that helps increase conversions.
Internet marketing is still in its early stages and still a work of art. Marketers are doing more to understand the business, but they are still a ways from landing on any one true formula. Split testing is one of the most precise types of techniques they have at their disposal.
Marketers who incorporate split testing find more conversions than companies that do not. It?s proven to help your sales, so it comes at no surprise that more and more marketers are using this simple approach.
- Content Syndication Tips – How to Create Powerful Link Bait | SpotThisNow
- Looking at the Taguchi Split Test | Split Testing – How to Split Test
- BEST FOREX Day Trading System That is Right For You | Day Trading Tips
- How to Sell Your Work to Art Publishers/Interview with Harriet Rinehart | Artsy Shark
- Webmaster and Web Tools» Blog Archive » Blog Content Syndication Tips
- Product Information on SMSCaster E-Marketer | Business Web Portal
- Wholesale Clothes Hangers: Major Retail Sales Tool whether Plastic, Satin, Wood, or Wire « Vicki Cannon
- Cops go to elderly couples’ home over 50 times in last 8 years looking for (different) criminals « Queens of Random
- wholesale mlb jerseys » Blog Archive » different.
- How Increase Your Conversion Rate By Using A Very Simple Marketing Strategy | Feed-Xmlrss.com | News Feeds
- iphoneography is a work of art with multi-screens – DayTradingComputers.Info
- INTANGI ANNOUNCES IDEAS, A REVOLUTIONARY ENTERPRISE “TSFA” SOFTWARE PLATFORM TO MANAGE THE COMPLEXITY OF NETWORKING SYSTEMS AND EQUIPMENT SALES. | Customer Software
- Matthew Yglesias » Mashed Up
- Searching For Organic Skin Care Products? What Are They? | Your Skin Care Advisor
- Statement on Ad-Campaign Attacking Congressman Bart Stupak | Press Releases @ Your Story
- Sweaty Betty PR Official Blog – Founded by ROXY JACENKO » Blog Archive » Simply a work of art!
- Topshop Denim Spring 2010 Ad Campaign
- How to become a Successful Internet Marketer | Affiliate Marketing makes Such Sense
- Split Testing with a Genetic Algorithm – Shoemoney – Skills To Pay The Bills
- Internet Marketing Tips for Internet Marketer