Common Problems with SEO: What Should I NOT Do?
“I managed to rank my website at the “top” of Google and Yahoo for years. I was able to generate unmatched quality traffic to my website, and I thought I was an expert at Search Engine Optimization (SEO)!” Well, this was several years ago. Back then, SEO was still in its primitive stage, search engines were not tuned enough and “little” effort on website optimization could get you ranked right at the top.
The SEO has come full circle for me over the past few years. Being my bread and butter for years, I learned and “unlearned” several search engine optimization and marketing strategies.
Today, I share with you “what you should NOT do” to rank your page higher on the World Wide Web. Be informed that this list is not exhaustive, just a few to add to your own.
Tip #1: Do NOT make your website too convoluted. Spiders are unable to follow very convoluted navigation menus. So, avoid making your site uncrawlable with too much flash or graphic.
Tip #2: Do NOT use overly general keywords. Optimize your keywords for targeted traffic. Use of specific and/or long tail keywords can help in bringing targeted traffic.
Tip #3: Do NOT make too many reciprocal links. Create a relevant and quality reciprocal link footprint. Consider quality link trading with relevant websites than creating quantity inbound links.
Tip #4: Do NOT use same anchor text for all inbound links. Use varied anchor text for inbound links in order to have more natural link building.
Tip #5: Do NOT spam. Having your website link posted all over your blogs, comments, guest books, etc. is spamming. Stuffing keywords in meta-tags, image alternate tags, footer and everywhere possible does not help.
Tip #6: Do NOT duplicate content. Do not post several pages with the same title and do not post same content on several pages. If you have two separate addresses to the same page, it will be taken as duplicate content. Nothing can hurt you more than duplicate content.
Tip #7: Do NOT sweat on keyword density. Your targeted keyword should appear on page title, description and on the content page. However, you do not need to overdo the keyword everywhere on your page. A keyword density of 1.2% is optimal.
SEO industry has scaled manifold over the past few years. Website optimization has become increasingly technical and more professional. Several techniques for quality backlinking, link building and keyword optimization are being used to perfect search engine positioning. You need to adhere to several rules and regulations for search engine marketing to be able to rank higher on search engines. However, the most challenging task is to cope up with the ever increasing competition in the SEO industry.
Stay tuned for more tips on SEO!
- WeeklySpam.com » Blog Archive » Marketing Strategies – The …
- Pay-Per-Click Search Engine Marketing Handbook: Low Cost …
- Register Now: Local Search Engines | Website Cluster
- How to Drive Laser-Targeted Traffic Using Yahoo! Search Marketing …
- Discover How to Drive Laser-targeted Traffic to your Affiliate …
- WebsiteBegin | WordPress Tip | How to Get Traffic While Sleeping
- Meta Tag Manager (Master Resell Rights) discount coupon code …
- How to Optimize Meta Descriptions And Alt Tags For A Website
- How To Acquire Backlinks From Blogs
- SEO – A Key of Online Business Success | ppnow.com [free article …
- Targeted traffic Siphon: The most effective system in getting high …
- Buy Targeted Traffic If You Want to See Results | Panoramic Vision …
- How To Get Targeted Traffic | Internet Marketing & SEO
- Niche One Way Link Building Service Offered By SubmitEdge.com At …
- Introducing The Nokia N8 | iPhone 4 Case
- Global Marketing Strategies | MBA Knowledge Base
- The Truth About Cheap Traffic Guides « Free Traffic Tips
- Tool Time Friday | Facebook Freakin Frenzy #18 « Free Traffic Tips
- Instant access to your music with Naim HDX | coercs
- 1 Tip – Give Free eBooks For Traffic | Buy Digital Book Reader