Just Why You Need ORIGINAL Content?
Nothing can hurt you more than duplicate content on the World Wide Web. So, do NOT duplicate content.
Do not post several pages with the same title and do not post same content on several pages. If you have two separate addresses to the same page, it will be taken as duplicate content.
Here are some places where duplicate content is likely to appear and must be avoided:
- It is possible that the duplicate content may appear for product descriptions from manufacturers. Quiet often the publishers, distributors and affiliates reproduce the product description in large e-commerce sites. Consider that there are multiple vendors selling the same product, they are likely to use the same product description. This can lead to duplicate content on the web and cause indexing problems at search engines.
- Some sites offer multiple versions of the same page like printer friendly format of web pages, etc. In such cases, it is advised that the site owner or the web administrator uses robots.txt for meta “noindex” tagging of these alternative pages. You must avoid search engines from indexing these alternative pages as this will otherwise be considered as duplicate content leading to inappropriate indexing of your web pages.
- Oftentimes, sites URL include visitor information to track visitors as they go through the pages of a site. You must avoid this type of tracking information to be given to search engine crawling programs. The visitor information within the URLs may lead to indexing of the same page under different URLs, repeatedly and causing duplicate content issues for your website.
- If you duplicate the content from one to another page, it may create the risk that some of your pages don’t get indexed by search engines, or are filtered out of search results. If you use different sub-domains and different top level domains for your website, it will be better to create different brands altogether.
Google Webmaster Guidelines explicitly mention that you must not create multiple pages, domain or sub domains with similar or duplicate content.
Watch out for duplicate content for your website!
- Who Needs Search Engines Optimization SEO | Website Cluster
- Besides Google, Which Search Engines Matter? | Website Cluster
- Lastest Meta Search News | Website Cluster
- Q&A: Does CRE meta tags still work in the search engines …
- Vendable » Blog Archive » Do's and Don'ts of Product Descriptions …
- Skechers-Product Description | Shape-ups® shoes
- Reebok Zig Product Description | Shape-ups® shoes
- Search Engine Optimization Tips: Rank High in the Search Engines …
- Robots.txt File – It Doesn't Do Everything
- Spreading knowledge about world–wide–web casino gambling websites …
- Foursquare Custom URLs | Catalyst Marketers
- Create and Design Web Pages for Your School | Best Schools in …
- Meta Tags
- Will Fiscal Risk Analysis Cause the Next Global Crisis « Mostly …
- Why Are Some Law Journal Publishers Not Using the Web to Promote …
- Does any advertiser like adsense not require a top level domain?
- How to Writing Appealing Product Descriptions
- A Day in Meta Knight's Life | BoyRacers Online
- Filling in Product Descriptions: Ecommerce / Shopping Cart Web …
- Q&A: How can I make my web pages load faster? | Make A Website …