Skid Steer Technology – The Nominal Durable Technology
Construction jobs or even commercial and agricultural tasks require several machines and equipments. One of the most commonly used one is what we call the skid steer equipment. Skid steers, skid loader, skid to steer loader; “bobcat” is a rigid frame, engine-powered machine with lift arms where you attached several accessory tools. This machine can address limitations including lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, walking, reaching and bending.
The accessory tools and bobcat attachments allow the skid steer equipment to be very flexible in terms of a variety of work and task that they can handle. Moreover, many are all powered by the loader’s own hydraulic system, these include the following: cement mixer, tiller, sweeper, hydraulic breaker, digger, concrete breaker, ripper, wood chipper machine, stump grinder and a lot more.
Aside from being a flexible machine, the skid steers loader is also known for its compact size and light weight. They can fit into tight spaces and allows them to be transported behind a large truck. This machine is suitable for light to medium jobs.
Another striking feature of this machine is its wheel or tracking operations. It is a four-wheel drive loader which has the left and right sided wheels that acted independently of each other. Actually, the word “skid to steer” comes from the vehicle’s wheels’ capability to move in an opposite direction. It can turn zero-radius turn, which makes the skid steer tracks valuable for applications that required a compact and agile loader.
This unique machine was invented for cleaning up turkey manure. Tractor loaders at that time were too big and heavy to operate. It was on 1957 when the first prototype was created by the Keller Manufacturing, surpassing the expectations of its creator. It was a three-wheeled, light and compact machine. It has a rear caster wheel that can turn around within its own length and can perform the task as a traditional front-end loader.
In 1958, the Melroe Manufacturing Company acquired the rights to manufacture the loaders, hiring the Kellers to further develop the said machine. In 1958, the first four-wheel drive prototype was introduced known as the M400. The term “Bobcat”, a mammal defined as “tough, quick and agile” was the name given to M440, the developed version of M400. It is the first model to have both an enclosed drive shaft and double acting cylinders. At present, the term “bobcat” is sometimes used as a generic term for these loaders.
Becoming popular nowadays is the mini version of these loaders, the mini skid steers. Although much smaller in size, there’s nothing small in terms of their productivity and function. This mini version is perfect for landscaping, utility installation, fencing and moving materials around the work site or at home. They still share the same flexibility of the conventional skid steer equipment. Because of the size, they do not have seats inside the machine. Instead, the operator stands at the back of the machine to maneuver it unlike a normal size case skid steer.
Obviously, there are a lot of advantages and benefits that you can acquire from this machine. It is basically a hundred tools in 1, powerful equipment in a small rigid frame of machine. It can replace several crews thus minimizing the labor force, hence minimizing money and resources. And because it’s a machine, it sure saves a lot of time completing tasks.
[youtube:dF4IHAiO92s;[link:Skid Steer Stump Grapple];http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF4IHAiO92s&feature=related]
If you use skids on the loading dock at work, get the very latest Skid Steer Equipment that requires less work and man hours to complete the job. Get all the facts about Skid Steer Implements that will benefit your business today.
- How can I clear out my new community garden plot organically? | Small Kitchen Garden
- Discover Your Skid Steer Loader Options on the Skid Steer Loaders Site Online | Newsreel Network .com
- ListFree.org – Free Press Release portal
- My Personal Blog » Should you Buy a Skid Steer Attachments
- Possible Career Salaries in the Agricultural and Wildlife Industries – Career Overview
- Ask Jackie » Blog Archive » With unseasonable springtime weather, we’re hard at work
- Bobcat 843 2200 Hrs, Strong Hydros, New Tires | Bobcat for Sale Auction Site
- Skid Steer Review | Used Car Donation Tips
- Should you Purchase a Skid Steers | Used Car Donation Tips
- Is A Mini Loader Good For Your Business | Used Car Donation Tips
- Industrial Grade 2RZF6 Caster Wheel, 8 In, 1750 Lb Cap « puneindustrialdirectory
- Herman Miller Aeron Mirra Standard Caster Wheel – 5 Casters @ Herman Miller Chairs
- Audiovox Cellular Phone Accessory Meant For The The Largest Part Purposeful Fashion Accessory | Communications – Scoop Central
- Human Powered Vehicles, Throw away your BMW Wheels get out your Biking Gear
- Hit by a cement mixer, teen loses leg | Amos Atlantis
- How to Use a Tractor Loader | wusafund.org
- Resin Thai
| The Metaphysical Site
- How To Buy Perfect Presents | Power Tools
- Buying Tractor Loaders | tawakaltowers.com
- Agricultural Manager Resume | Resume Writing Dictionary – Free Online