Where in the World is that Perfect Tool Chest?
There is a great deal of work involved in finding that perfect tool chest, but fear not, we are here to help you. We will help you identify the issues involved, and come up with some ideas on how to resolve them.
1) Size and Mobility Considerations. “Bigger is NOT always Better”. If you have a gigantic toolbox, but only a hammer, screwdriver and a wrench…what’s the point? You’re going to be spending forever trying to figure out which drawer they are in, and woe if you have to push that chest around the shop. No… You are much better off getting a chest that will fit the number of tools you own.
2) What is the Size of the Drawers? Tools vary in shape and size, and your toolbox needs to be able to contain them. Some tools, such as rulers and crowbars can be rather long and narrow. Other tools, like jacks, are rather bulky and heavy. The toolbox you settle on needs to be able to house all these tools. Don’t forget the drawer ratings while you are picking out that “box”.
3) Drawer Slides. Drawer slides are those little rails that the chest drawers slide upon. They need to be appropriate for the drawer, or the drawers will not run smoothly. For shallow drawers you will only need two slides. If the drawers are particularly deep, then you will need four. If you want to have smooth action then you need to consider the weight rating of the drawer. Remember, ball bearing slides are the best you can get (but they are not a necessity).
4) Consider the Casters. If you are planning on moving that huge toolbox around the shop you will be glad you got one set on casters. Casters need to be of appropriate size. If they are too small, the chest will catch on uneven surfaces and perhaps tip over. 4″ casters are the bare minimum, but 5″ or 6″ are preferred. You should have two locking casters so that the toolbox will not roll all over the shop.
5) What’s It Made From? Is the chest you are considering made from “Stainless Steel” or “Mild Steel”? They are the primary choices.
6) The Warranty. If a company really stands behind their tool chest, then their warranty will reflect this fact. Definitely look for a lifetime warranty a great thing if you can get it.
These are the 6 things that you need to take into consideration when you go looking for that perfect tool chest to meet your needs.
- Skechers Women’s Shape Ups-Strength Wide Fitness Work Out Sneaker | Trendy Shoe Store
- Techniques to Selecting a Great Tool Chest | Cars show
- Cheap prices : 8 x 1/2 HighPoint Ball Bearing Slide Screws, Round Washer Head, Zinc, 100 pc
- Cheap Makita LS1013FL Makita LS1013FL 15 Amp 10-Inch Dual Bevel Compound Sliding Miter Saw with Laser and Fluorescent Light | Slide Compound Miter Saw
- National Curriculum In Action Ict » Blog Archive » Electronics Store Seattle: Car Electronics near Seattle, WA at TheFindLocal.com – Find products and stores nearby
- Robert Plant mentions the GTOs and the Plaster Casters accepting a Q award last October! « Miss Pamela's Blog
- Gucci handbags » Blog Archive » absolutely
- Herman Miller Aeron Mirra Standard Caster Wheel – 5 Casters @ Herman Miller Chairs
- Healthbeat by Deirdre Cox Baker » Blog Archive » Keep spring in your step
- Week 7 | General Microbiology Lab Briefing
- Pine Chest of Drawers
- Pine chest of drawers? | Furniture, Bar Stools Furniture, Bedroom Furniture, Dining Room Furniture, Kitchen Counter Stools &
- What are good running shoes for hiking as well? |
- The Design Vote » Blog Archive » Swiveling Drawers: Fjarill Chest by Jakob Jorgensen
- MSI Wind U160 netbook offers 15 hour battery life | TechDaring – Latest Technology News
- Approaches to Selecting a Superb Tool Chest – SEO & Affiliate Coaching Blog
- Jindal Steel and Power Limited | Company Profile and Company Information
- My Steps to Choosing a Superb Tool Chest : Travel Blog
- not martha — My Vacation Slides: Day 7, Ye Olde-est Pub in England and a giant space suit
- Drawer Slides: For an Excellent Cabinetry At Home | myessevent.com